About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Sunday 2 January 2011

Over the Christmas holidays it snowed! So because of this we couldn't do any of our filming in the first week as some of the scenes we need to re film is outdoor, and obviously we have to take continuity into consideration. We then wanted to try and film this Monday on our inset day, however our location isn't available, therefore we will have to arrange another day to continue with our film.

Me being me, I wanted to make the most out of the snow and so I decided to go out into my garden in pitch dark, 11 o'clock at night and film something. The original footage was just of me literally walking around the garden ruining the fresh snow. However when I imported it off of my phone onto imovie I had some ideas, although not much to do with our genre of comedy. I managed to cut the footage, muddle it all up to make some sort of storyline and produced this little film. It's no Oscar winning film and it's not suppose to be completely serious, however it gave me something to work on and experiment with over the holidays.

I used imovie HD to make this and so it was nice to experiment with something a little more advanced. Its all point of view footage and all the sounds were recorded over the top, most of them me (quite embarrassing), except for one or two sounds and the music which I found off of YouTube and converted into mp3 sound tracks.

Considering it's only 28seconds long, it took me ages to put it together. Recording all the dialogue over the top was particularly time consuming. I had to record it through photobooth,  then import the clip into imovie HD where I then had to extract the audio and delete the visual clip. I had to do this with nearly every single sound heard in the film, and some I had to re do a number of times. However because I used imovie HD I was able to adjust the volume of particular words in a sentance or specific sounds that I wanted to make louder or quiter which saved me having to re record certain parts. This saved me a bit of time. Also because the film wasn't planned it was hard to find footage that all ran smoothly together and so I spent ages finding the right place to cut and edit clips together. Also when I eventually came to edit it, I had a number of different perhaps better ideas that I could have done, however by this time the snow had melted!

Anyway..here's my little film..

No comments:

Post a Comment