About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Monday 1 November 2010

Our day of filming over the half term..

Our day of filming was extremely long and tiring. We found continuity quite difficult and complicated. We decided not to film our opening in order because we knew some shots would need more time than others. We also wanted to wait for some sunshine for the outdoor shots which we luckily managed to get. Another reason was because for the shot when I wake up in the morning I'm suppose to have back-combed hair and smudged make up, therefore we left this till last in order to avoid wasting time trying to re-do my makeup and fix my hair.

Picture of me in my pyjamas, big messy hair and smudged mascara under my eyes..this was my costume for one of our shots..



We had some difficult shots to do for example the shot of the alarm clock flying out of the window. Obviously the only way to do this was by actually throwing it out of the window, however we had to avoid it getting broken so Valentina and Alice stood outside with a blanket ready to catch it, while Charlotte threw it and I filmed it.

Here is a video me and Charlotte made on imovie showing us practicing throwing lots of  different objects out of the window before attempting doing it with the clock.



Also the shot of Charlotte lying outside on the ground after being hit with the alarm clock was difficult as we had to make sure that she stayed in the same position for the sake of continuity. This meant that we had to film all the shots of her on the ground in one go leaving her lying in the same position for around 15 minutes.

As a group we made some unexpected decisions on the spot, for example at one point we asked a dustbin man to be in one of our shots. Luckily he was quite happy to join in and take part..thank you dustbin man! As a group whilst filming, lots of different ideas seemed to just come to us. We even at one point decided to put the camera into the fridge to film my hand accidentally taking out the orange juice instead of the milk. We liked the fact that there was darkness when eventually the fridge door closed, perhaps a space for us to put the title of our film opening or some credits.

Filming on the bus was also challenging. Unfortunately we were unable to use Valentina's dads bus meaning that the bus driver wasn't as nice as we'd hoped. However we still managed to do what we had to do, as luckily there were no passengers seated on the top floor of the bus. Keeping the camera steady was very difficult to do on the bus and so we decided to use the small gorilla tripod which we wrapped around the bar of one of the seats. This meant that the camera movement went with the suspension of the bus, which we thought added to the realism of the film. Acting wise, it was very difficult to keep a straight face for one of our last shots, however after a whole journey from Enfield Town to Brimsdown we managed to get at least one good shot. Also for one of our long distant shots we filmed from across the road, the bus driver thought it would be funny to wave at the camera and so this ruined our shot. Hopefully we'll be able to somehow edit the shot cropping that bit out.

We used lots of different types of shots, over head, under head, close ups, long distant shots etc. Although it was a very long day, filming from 10 am to 6pm, it was still really fun and a great experience. I think we worked really well as a group despite some slight disasters (leaving the tripod clip that connects the camera to the tripod on the bus). Considering we've never done anything like this before I think overall we did amazingly well.

After a hard days work..

No comments:

Post a Comment