About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Thursday 28 October 2010

The Chick Flick genre..

Chick Flick is a slang term, often used pejoratively, for a film mainly dealing with female characters and designed to appeal to a female target audience. Although many types of films may be directed toward the female gender.

Here is a list of popular Chick Flick genre films:

  1. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days -Kate Hudson
  2. Sweet Home Alabama DVD - Reese Witherspoon
  3. Pretty Woman
  4. The Sweetest Thing -Cameron Diaz
  5. Coyote Ugly DVD - Piper Perabo
  6. Thirteen going on Thirty 
  7. The Wedding Planner DVD -Jennifer Lopez
  8. Miss Congeniality DVD -Sandra Bullock
  9. Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging
  10. Never Been Kissed DVD -Drew Barrymore
  11. My Best Friend's Wedding -Julia Roberts
  12. Legally Blonde DVD  -Reese Witherspoon
  13. 10 Things I Hate About You DVD  -Julia Stiles
  14. She's All That DVD  -Freddie Prinze Jr.
  15. Mean Girls –Lindsey Lohan
We will look at some of these films in greater detail in order to get some ideas on how to portray a good Chick Flick/Comedy film. We particularly liked the style of mean girls in their use of colourful quirky credits. Perhaps we will do something similar when editing our film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment