About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Wednesday 17 November 2010

Here's our second draft.



We spent Monday's lesson piecing together the rest of our film opening. Now that we have most of the shots put together we can start to look at things in more detail like audio and the credits. We are most likely going to have to shoot some more footage perhaps using a snorricam, which will be a good effect to use when I get out of bed, showing that I am still half asleep. As a group we discussed this idea, we would really like to try it, however we are worried about continuity, getting my hair and makeup the same, which will be difficult. Also we have to think about how we would make the snorricam, which we are hoping to do as a class. If I think of any idea's I'll post them on here.

A SnorriCam (also chestcam, bodymount camera, bodycam or bodymount) is a camera device used in film making that is rigged to the body of the actor, facing the actor directly, so when he walks, he does not appear to move, but everything around him does. A SnorriCam presents a dynamic point of view from the actor's perspective, providing an unusual sense of vertigo for the viewer.



Here are some pictures to help us think of ways to build one, although we wont be able to make anything quite as technical.




This one (above) looks quite strange however it is something more along the lines of what we are capable of making.

2 comments:

  1. Just watched your 2nd draft, I have a question, if she wakes up, surely her blinds would be closed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, good point Joely.. How you lot going to get round that one??

    However, loved the bus shots - they're really looking good!! The first half can still do with a lot more editing.. I'd say, 20% there now!

    ReplyDelete