About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Wednesday 30 March 2011

Here are some screen shots of the new scene in which we filmed, luckily it all went to plan and so now all we have to do is tweak a few bits here and there in order to have a completed film opening.


At first we have establishing shot of where the scene will take place. The bus stop in the centre as it is the main focus. I really like this shot as it splits the frame up into thirds (the rule of thirds).
This creates reference points for good framing and is a powerful compositional device.


Kate then enters the scene budging everyone over so that she can sit down..


This then causes Yasmin to fall off the other side (a bit of slapstick comedy there). This is another long shot so that the audience can clearly see what has happened.


Then we have a panning shot to show everyone being irritated by Kate.


And this is where the panning shot ends. Here Kate is day dreaming while the others are moaning at the bus being late (well played by Miss Foster).


Then then have yet another long shot of the bus driving past and everyone running after it..


All except Kate. This is the final shot in our film opening at which point we hear a final strum of music as Kate looks up and turns her feet inwards. The clip then fades to black).

No comments:

Post a Comment