About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Saturday 2 April 2011

Here are the results that I have recieved from the questionnaire of which I carried out a while ago now done for our pre-production stage. I did my questionnaire via facebook messaging, interviewing, and giving out handouts. I focused on favourite film genres asking 50 people, half male and half female, the age group ranging between 10-65. I did this to get a more diverse response in order to help us decide which audience we are targeting.


Overall I found that around 20 people liked Comedies/Chickflicks particularly the younger females aged between 10 and 30. However there were 6 older people of the 20 who selected comedy as their favourite gengre too. This tells us that our main target audience is focused on young girls however is still open to a variety of different people. Chick flicks are a specific film genre, which generally does target young females. The main purposes of chick flicks are to entertain the young audience and inject them with ideologies. These films usually focus upon teenage girl’s lifestyles and experiences as our film opening shows, and they follow typical stereotypes such as chick flick movies like ‘Legally Blonde’, directed by Robert Luketic.


Some of people comedies/chickflicks from those who said it was their favourite genre:
The Hang Over, Toy Story 3, The kid, Mean girls, Life of Brian, Pinapple Express, Life stinks, Bridget Jones Diary, Sex and the City, Love and other Drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment