About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Friday 15 April 2011

Recently I've been revising for my media exam which is coming up very soon. I started looking at Pete's blog, an examiner to see if i can get any tips or important info, and found some really interesting stuff on representation of young people. This is some of what I found.

Here are some quotations people have said about young people

"Kids are out of control... They're roaming the streets. They're out late at night."

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

The language that the second one uses is much older, but it surprised everyone to find out just how old. The first was from Gordon Brown in 2008 and the second from Plato in the 4th century BC. So as we can see, complaining about the behaviour of young people is nothing new!

Here's a quite a disturbing video, from a Barnardo's campaign, all dialogue coming from what adults had written on national newspaper websites in response to stories about teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment