About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Monday 25 April 2011

I came across this video and I love it. At first I thought it was going to be something silly, but then it got a lot better with the results and it's actually really clever. I think it sums up quite neatly the way that people try to express an identity online and how pictures people have up of themselves, for example on facebook or myspace, can be very decieving.



Video to one side, this is infact a very serious issue and there have been many cases where people have been decieved by pictures leading to devistating consiquences. One recent case involved Peter Chapman, a British convicted murderer who has featured heavily in the media in the United Kingdom. He has become known as the "Facebook killer." He was jailed for a minimum of 35 years in March 2010 and his crime has led to serious criticism of police monitoring and Facebook.
Chapman used a fake Facebook profile, using a display picture of a very goodlooking young male in order to befriend Ashleigh Hall, a 17-year-old college student from Darlington. In reality, he was a 33-year old man living in his car. She met him on the 25 October and according to the prosecution, "When she met him on 25 October last year, he kidnapped, raped and murdered her."




Like the mother says in this video.."You just don't know who's behind that photo"

No comments:

Post a Comment