About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Friday 24 December 2010

Seen as it's Christmas Eve me and my family have pretty much spent the day watching films and eating lots of food! Its tradition for us every year to watch The Grinch, definitely one of my favourite films.

It's directed by Ron Howard, produced by Howard and Brian Grazer, and starring Jim Carrey, it is the first Dr. Seuss story made into a feature film. DreamWorks Pictures was originally planning to co-produce the film, but dropped out at the last minute. The Grinch is the highest-grossing Christmas film of all-time with $345,141,403 worldwide.


The film is based on the book by the famous Dr. Seuss. Inside a snowflake exists the magical land of Whoville. In Whoville, live the Who's, an almost mutated sort of munchkin like people. All the Who's love Christmas, yet just outside of their beloved Whoville lives the Grinch. The Grinch is a nasty creature that hates Christmas, and plots to steal it away from the Whos which he equally abhors. Yet a small child, Cindy Lou Who, decides to try befriend the Grinch.


It really is a beautiful film, funny and entertaining. I especially love Jim Carrey who plays the Grinch, he is one of my favourite actors, I just find him hilarious. I think the film in general really highlights the importance of Christmas, as it sends out a lovely message to everyone that Christmas is not about presents and lights and all the materialistic things, but its about love with friends and family and being grateful for the things that we do have. Definitely adds to the Christmas spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment