About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Friday 10 December 2010

I recently went to the cinema and watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, a 2010/2011 two-part epic fantasy film directed by David Yates, written by Steve Kloves and based on the novel of the same name by J. K. Rowling. The film is produced by Rowling along with David Heyman and David Barron. The two parts form the seventh and final instalment in the Harry Potter film series, with the story following Harry Potter on a quest to find and destroy Lord Voldemort's secret to immortality – the Horcruxes. The film stars Daniel Radcliffe in his final performance as Harry Potter, alongside Rupert Grint and Emma Watson as Harry's best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The film also features Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter and Alan Rickman.
I continue to be impressed with the maturing changes in the story, characters and look of the films. My hope is that the last in the series will bring the battle between Harry and Voldemort that fans have been waiting nearly a decade to see. If the tone stays as dark as the last few films and the directing stays as interesting in the film to come, then I’ll be plenty entertained regardless. I really loved all the enchanted looking locations they shot at, it really helped to capture that sense of adventure and magic. Also they had some amazing special effects and very clever ideas, for example when all the characters changed into Harry Potter yet all remained in the scene at the same time. There were however a couple of things that I thought perhaps slightly ruined the film, for example Ron's hallucination of Harry kissing Hermione. The fact that they were naked and were sprayed silver seemed to take away that childlike innocence the film has always in the past portrayed. Another thing I didn't like was when the little cheery creature of Dobby was killed, it was very sad and I think that it wasn't particularly needed, it seemed like they just wanted to rid of his character and therefore killed him off. I think it's a real shame, he was my favourite character.

Other than that however i did really enjoy the film and am looking forward to seeing the very last Harry Potter film.



Close proximity between the characters showing a close relationship between them, there seems to be a lot of chemistry between with the two characters.


I really loved this camera shot, it managed to capture the importance of the water yet still show the expression of his face. It was a clever, symbolic way of showing that Harry and the water are connected.


I thought this seen was so funny and really cleverly edited. It definitely stands as one of my favourite scenes.


Again amazing editing, it really captured that sense of enchantment as the little creatures looked very realistic.


Cannot wait to see what becomes of the two main characters in the next and last release of the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment