About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Monday 27 September 2010

Today's lesson

In today's lesson we looked at Genre's to help give us ideas for our 2 minute film opening.

List of Genre's and examples:

Comedy- Super Bad
Parodies/spoofs- Hot fuzz, Shaun of the dead
Indie/Alternative-Juno, 500 days of summer
Horror/Thriller- Se7en, Orphan, Devil
Chick Flick-Sex in the City
Period Drama-Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre
Action-James Bond, Matrix, Born Identity
Bromance-The Hangover
Documentary- Supersize me

We watched some different examples of film openings for example Sherlock Holmes (directed by Guy Ritchie, a Action | Adventure | Crime | Mystery | Thriller) and found that there wasn't one single credit until around 6 minutes into the film. This was because full length feature films usually can afford to begin the film with an opening scene, introducing the characters and setting the scene. However for our two minute film opening this obviously isn't possible as there just isn't enough time.

Additional research:

More info on genres and themes at www.screenonline.org.uk/film/id/446108/index.html which I have added to my useful links section.

No comments:

Post a Comment