About Me

Welcome to my media blog! I'm Andrea Walker and I'm currently studying media, art and drama for my A Levels. I've got a very creative nature as you can tell from my subject choices. I really hope you enjoy looking through my blog, and seeing all my hard work especialy our music video which we are very proud of!

Prelim Video

Final Film- Special Kate

Monday 13 September 2010

Here is the opening of the film se7en..



I think it's a really good opening to the film as it immediately captured my attention and left me wanting to watch the rest of it. I found some of the flickering images and squeaky audio effects quite disturbing yet I still found myself drawn into it. I really liked the mixture of sharp/blurry camera shots and how it kept flashing back and forth to different clips, which I assume will later on in the film become more significant. I felt as though it could be a way of reflecting the state of mind of the character which I thought was really clever. It seems as though the film is going to be quite psychological, some kind of thriller/drama/mystery. I think it does it's job in keeping the viewer interested and sets high standards for the rest of the film.

Opening of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory..



I love it! It's different from all the thriller and horror film opening credits. Although there's no amazing special effects I think that the simplicity of it makes it just as effective. It's hypnotizing and playful to watch, stimulating all your senses. It's definitely one of my favourite film openings.

Opening of Good Burger..




Again it's something a little different. I wanted to find an example of an opening to a comedy. This one in particular is aimed at a younger audience. I know this not only because of the fact that it's a Nickelodeon movie but also because of the silly humour, bright colours and unrealistic acting. I liked how at the very beginning they used lots of different pictures and sped up the film to make it look as though the burger fillings were moving. It was again simple but fun and entertaining to watch, maybe an effect I'd consider using in my film opening. It immediately told me that it was going to be a comedy, not only because of the ketchup smiley faces but also because of the bubbly fun audio tune in the background. I think it's a great opening to the movie as it sets the mood straight away. Its again one of my favourite openings as it never fails to bring a smile to my face.

2 comments: